Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DAY 1- May 18: United Airlines.

Dear Friends, 

Monday morning, I woke up at 4:45 am. I wished my mom a very happy birthday, showered, and finished packing. Yes, that's right- same old Brittany packing at the very last second. After a nice 2 hour drive to LAX, my mom, dad and I arrived an hour early to the airport at 7:45 am instead of at the required time of 8:45 (typical dad, but I got to love him). After finding a few wandering Pepperdine students (thanks to dad's Pepp shirt), we checked in, I made some last minute goodbye phone calls and texts, my mom took a few group pictures (of course and even got a shout out later by one of my friends), we said bye to our loved ones, and we were left to start our adventure...

 However, Pepperdine likes to be prepared so we had FOUR hours to wait at the airport before we left for London. YES. FOUR. As we started to bond with one another, we grabbed some over priced food and sat for four hours. Finally, we boarded our United Airlines flight 934 and headed to Heathrow. I don't think I slept much maybe a few hours on and off, I watched Marley and me, Jen, Matt, and Marley made me cry, typical (even though it was a dog movie, and we know how I feel about dogs). I watched Taken, which was really good and felt blessed that my parents watched the movie after I had already returned from Switzerland and traveling around Europe. I took my Malaria pill and let the 11 hours pass (to hear other stories and entertaining experiences, please refer to my friend Fish's blog at kendallsafrica.blogspot.com ). 

I'm not really sure when day one actually ended (with the 8 hour time change to London).. I guess day one ended for me sometime on the plane. I wish I had some profound thing to say about day one, but I don't. Just a lot of sitting, waiting, and stomach hurting. Thanks for checking in with me on day one, hopefully day 2 is a lot more interesting, but it's probably not going to be. 

Love, 
Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment